Expressed views, opinions and interpretations of events are author's only. They are published solely for entertainment purposes and shall be treated as such. Licentia poetica applies.

Sunday 29 September 2013

More than a gay!

One day I'm going to find you. I don't know where and even less I know how. I really hope that you were born by now! And even if it will take thousands of women to kiss, hundreds of dates to go on, tens of females to sleep with.. I can endure it. I will. In the name of love. In your name.
And before I put a ring on your finger and before you put a ring on my finger.. I ask you to do two things. Two things that are going to tell you the last words of who I am and of what did make me who I am.
First of all come with me to a country that was mine and which I left all those years ago. Go with me to see Roads to Freedom. An exhibition that makes me emotional, that makes me shed a tear or two, that gives me strength to believe in what I believe and hope that I shall be strong in a face of evil. See it - see a history that made a person you've chosen to love. A history I remember and that which happened before my times.
Then go with me to a concert of Kult. And watch the crowd. And gaze at my face when it gets all emotional. And let me be when I sing "this is Poland" standing there, in a land that hosts me but is not mine. And go to the very front, where the crowd is wild. It will take some stamina and it will cover you in sweat yours and others. It's totally worth it - be one of the Poles for a song, for a dance.
And that is all I ask. For you to fully know what you are choosing.

No comments: