Expressed views, opinions and interpretations of events are author's only. They are published solely for entertainment purposes and shall be treated as such. Licentia poetica applies.

Wednesday 6 November 2013

To my lover

This entry is aimed at my lovers and loves past. It's a thank you note.

To all the girls that I wanted to love in the past two years: Thank you for saying no and being so inappropriately wrong for me.
I really did not see it. I really wanted to marry you. I would have loved you truly and I would have been lost for the world. And I would not meet the one that is somewhere there still waiting for me. The one that is not afraid of me, the one that is full of fire.

So yet again:
To the girls that didn't want to go out with me, didn't want to sleep with me, didn't kiss me back. Thank you. For you have saved me. Because for a little bit of love I would have lost myself. I would have loved you, truly and forever until the end. I was blind and I would have sold myself for a pretense, for imagination. I would have gone for safe. I would have gone out with any one of you and I would have put a ring on your finger. And you were not right for me and I pretended that I didn't see it. Thank you for not letting me settle for less.

My destiny is beyond you. My destiny is to achieve, to build, to travel, to speak up, to create, to challenge.. And I would have so easily let you, a girl, stand between me and my dreams, my path and the girl that is still waiting somewhere there for me.